We are in search of our next great hire as a H&S Specialist to join our team of professionals working in Center City Philadelphia, PA. As a Health and Safety Specialist you’ll be providing day-to-day support as it relates to injury prevention, safety, industrial hygiene, regulatory compliance, and loss control programs.
- Conduct incident trend analyses and make recommendations for reducing claims
- Work with the Safety Teams to develop and implement safe driving programs and establish safety best practices.
- Complete assessments for a wide variety of exposures
- Develop and assist to deliver employee training in a wide variety of settings
- Anticipate and identify health and safety hazards in the workplace.
- Conduct inspections, surveys, assessments, and investigations and recommend measures to control hazards and ensure occupational safety.
- Utilize a variety of equipment used to measure hazards
- Prepare and effectively present comprehensive written and oral reports.
- Enlist cooperation of departmental officials to effect sound occupational safety practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, administration, professionals, line-employees, outside agencies and contractors, and the public.
- Develop, conduct, and coordinate safety training and educational programs
- Handle multiple projects and manage challenging workload.
- Produce quality work with attention to detail.
- Established occupational safety, health, and industrial hygiene standards, codes, regulations, and guidelines.
- The methods of developing, planning and implementing safety education programs.
- A BS in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field is preferred, or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience working within the public sector with the ability to achieve the PA Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Accident and Illness Prevention Provider qualifications.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Must have experience with reporting on data analytics.
- Ability to work in diverse environments within the field, regionally within the city limits.
- Be self-motivated, reliable, and work independently, with minimal supervision
- Display strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- The programs, includes the following, but not limited to: Indoor Air Quality, Ergonomics, Respiratory Protection, Safety Committees, Lockout / Tagout, Hazardous Communication, Fire Safety and Emergency Evacuation, Confined Spaces, Hearing Conservation, Pathogens, and other aspects of safety, mainly Fleet safety.
- Must be able to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
Physical Requirements and Office Environment
Perform the duties and work in the environmental conditions required of this position, which may require physical effort of lifting 60lbs, ability to wear respiratory / safety protection. Requires both office and field work within the limits of the City of Philadelphia, Pa.