The Corporate Health and Safety Director is responsible for directing and providing health and safety program oversight to the organization. The position oversees development and implementation of behavior based safety practices, audits functions for health and safety procedure implementation, ensures compliance with corporate, OSHA, and client safety requirements, and conducting root-cause analysis of health and safety incidents.
The Corporate Health and Safety Director monitors and documents the effectiveness of safety control measures used throughout the company and directs the team in the implementation of The Corporate Health and Safety Program. The position will manage the development of site specific health and safety plans for multiple construction projects.
- Work closely with CEO, COO, Human Resource Director, and Division Managers to cultivate the organizations Safety Culture.
- Provide health and safety leadership and direction to Division, Department and Project Managers.
- Serve as the corporate health and safety subject matter expert with clients, regulators, and staff working on projects or designing proposal responses.
- Manage health and safety resources and related departmental budgets.
- Manage health and safety internal staff and third party consulting firms.
- Work within the corporate framework to foster the career growth of direct reports.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with Clients, Site Health and Safety Managers, Division Managers, local representatives and subcontractors.
- Create, manage and review site specific health and safety plans (HASP).
- Appraise and implement new safety regulations as they relate to operations.
- Ensure that project personnel are adequately trained in emergency response plan procedures.
- Work as the internal incident manager, ensuring that safety emergencies and injuries are properly managed.
- Oversee, manage and ensure HASP safety orientation for all new personnel.
- Review subcontractor safety programs; ensure that subcontractor programs are compliant with corporate, OSHA and client Safety regulations.
- Participate in meetings with field personnel, such as pre-award and job start, etc.
- Conduct safety audits. Audits will include a brief summary report noting any deviations from the HASP and corrective actions that may be necessary to promote the health and safety of workers and the public.
- Organizes and conduct safety training as necessary.
- B.S. Occupational Safety & Health Engineering or related Field
- Construction Health & Safety Tech. Certification (CHSR) Preferred
- 10+ years of construction experience preferred
- 5+ years of safety management and training experience
- Ability to travel 25%-35% of the time
- Solid understanding of OSHA and industry specific regulations
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
* Salary commensurate with experience.