Location Lee, MA, 01238
Company Lawn & Garden Northeast
Lawn & Garden, a Division of Oldcastle Architectural Products, a CRH company, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
EH&S Manager is responsible for all aspects of ensuring quality and safety with regard to Stone and Lime products at the plant-level. This individual will also responsible for the plant’s EH&S program to include MSHA, Oldcastle, and EPA requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer and maintain EH&S program
- Routinely inspect/observe plant equipment and activities for safe processes
- Prepare and submit all required reports to Oldcastle or applicable agency
- Keep plant in compliance with EH&S regulations
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Experience with MSHA regulations & inspections
- Experience with safety programs and compliance
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Mechanical aptitude or experience with production processing equipment preferred
- Experience working with EH&S programs/agencies
Skills and Abilities
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to problem-solve, with a strong sense of goal attainment
- Must have the ability to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Good housekeeping skills required
- Ability to influence thinking, deal with and overcome resistance and objections, and to motivate change
- Limited travel required
Requirements / Education / Experience
- 4 year degree in Occupational Safety/Health, Environmental Management, etc. preferred
- Able to run reports out of MS Office as well as other systems as needed
- Physical requirements include occassionally lifting at least 75 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, in confined space and heights, and use of fall protection equipment
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.