Location Agawam, MA
OMG Inc. is a leading manufacturer of fastening products and technologies for the commercial roofing and other construction industries worldwide. Based in Massachusetts, with manufacturing facilities in Agawam, MA, Addison, IL, Asheville, NC, and Rockford, MN, OMG is an equal opportunity employer valuing integrity, teamwork, diversity, trust, respect, communication, accountability, proactive performance and a passion for excellence!
Safety is OMG’s number one priority and we have a proactive and progressive Environmental Health & Safety program. The EH&S Specialist develops, implements, and maintains successful environmental & safety initiatives at our facilities. Reporting to the EH&S Manager, the position demands creative problem solving, strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively within the organization. We value an understanding of production manufacturing processes, and a commitment to working as a team player! Our goal is that this change agent will lead by example and foster safety as the highest priority in our culture and value system!
- Provide support and guidance daily on safe work practices and proper PPE
- Ensure EH&S compliance audits are completed properly and timely
- Assist with safety committee initiatives and goals, driving participation and follow up.
- Perform incident/accident investigations, root cause analysis, determination of corrective actions, and ensure recommended corrective actions/preventative measures are completed in a timely manner
- Perform Industrial Hygiene monitoring for heat stress, air quality, confined space atmospheric testing, and perform ergonomic evaluations and recommendations. * Drive continuous improvement and ergonomics initiatives
- Prepare and maintain accurate site EH&S records and documentation, including tracking and reporting of safety statistics
- Perform safety and environmental training in accordance with established safety programs and policies
- Assist with injury case management and worker’s compensation claims.
- Conduct visible opacity evaluation via EPA method 9 and 24
- Provide assistance and support to maintain OSHA and EPA compliance with hazard communications (HazCom), medical surveillance, emergency response, wastewater and VOC emissions
- Assist with implementation of specialized programs to ensure facility compliance with hazardous waste management, storm water management, blood-borne pathogens, audiometric testing program, fall protection, confined space and ergonomics
- Manage respiratory protection program
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor in Environmental Science, Industrial Safety, Engineering or a closely related technical field
- Minimum 5 – 10 years’ experience in an EH&S role (Manufacturing preferred)
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, MassDEP, RCRA, Life Safety, EH&S and Industrial Hygiene assessment methods
- HAZWOPER certification preferred
- In depth knowledge of machine safe guarding, electrical safety, chemical safety and hazard communications
- Ability to create formal written programs and policies for regulatory compliance, training and recordkeeping
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and drive effectiveness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to energize and motivate teams
- Excellent organization skills and effective project management
- Strong PC skills including MS Office Suite
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and lift or move up to 35lbs
- Willingness to travel as needed domestically (up to 10%)
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus!
- Positive attitude, good judgment and strong sense of responsibility