To manage BIPI Environmental Health and Safety compliance programs in accordance with all applicable State and Federal regulations, Corporate requirements, and other legal requirements in order to help protect the health and safety of BIPI employees, to protect the environment, and to minimize risks to the company. Assist internal customers with their EHS needs and actively cultivate Boehringer Ingelheim’s safety and sustainability culture.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and continuously improve BIPI Health and Safety Programs in adherence to all Local, State, Federal and Company requirements. Health and Safety Programs managed by this position may include, but are not limited to: Incident Reporting and Management, OSHA Recordkeeping, Field Force Safety and Ergonomics. This position may manage and implement programs to foster a culture of safety and environmental stewardship within the various business units. Duties may include outreach activities, messaging, leading committees, and working with Senior Management to drive the BE SAFE culture.
- Develop, implement, and manage EHS Management Systems for the BIPI site. Develop and implement continuous improvement concepts to better the site’s safety and environmental performance.
- Manage Health, Safety and Security Training programs including ensuring proper assignments, periodic review and updating, and compliance. Lead and coordinate BIPI’s EHS&S outreach programs and activities.
- Business Partner EHS Program
- Working with assigned Business Partners to act as focal point for resolution of their EHS concerns and issues, to communicate matters between EHS and the business partner, and to support their business partners as needed.
- Miscellaneous EHS Issues as required, including but not limited to:
- Participating on emergency response teams such as Fire Brigade, Evacuation and Hazmat teams.
- Responding to incidents
- Lead and participate in inspections and audits
- Other tasks as required
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required; a Master’s Degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- The position requires four to six plus (4-6+) years’ experience in EHS at an operational facility, including at least five (5) years’ experience with the relevant technical subject matter as detailed in this job profile.
- Certifications preferred: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or other similar and relevant certification.
- Requires detailed knowledge of and experience interpreting local, state, federal and corporate regulatory requirements.
- The position requires the ability to work independently while maintaining communication with all team members. This position requires teamwork, leadership, and influencing skills with a strong focus on customer service. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required. The incumbent must possess strong interpersonal skills, and must offer innovative and creative solutions to customer problems.
- Must have significant experience managing and implementing EHS programs at operational sites on a tactical level. Must have significant experience with the relevant technical subject matter as detailed in this job profile
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s top 20 pharmaceutical companies and operates globally with approximately 50,000 employees. Since our founding in 1885, the company has remained family-owned and today we are committed to creating value through innovation in three business areas including human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. Since we are privately held, we have the ability to take an innovative, long-term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries and the introduction of truly novel medicines that improve lives and provide valuable services and support to patients and their families. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. We are also deeply committed to our communities and our employees create and engage in programs that strengthen the neighbourhoods where we live and work. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.
If interested please contact Kim Guerrini at email@example.com and apply to the opportunity.