To manage Environmental Health and Safety compliance programs in accordance with all applicable State and Federal regulations, Corporate requirements, and other legal requirements in order to help protect the health and safety of employees, to protect the environment, and to minimize risks to the company. Assist internal customers with their EHS needs and actively cultivate Boehringer Ingelheim’s safety and sustainability culture.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and continuously improve Health and Safety Programs in adherence to all Local, State, Federal and Company requirements. Health and Safety Programs managed by this position may include, but are not limited to: Incident Reporting and Management, OSHA Recordkeeping, Industrial Safety (LOTO, Hot Work and Confined Space), Contractor Safety, Hazard Communication, Ergonomics, and, Field Force Safety. This position may manage and implement programs to foster a culture of safety and environmental stewardship within the various business units. Duties may include outreach activities, messaging, leading committees, and working with Senior Management to drive the BE SAFE culture.
- Develop, implement, and manage EHS Management Systems for the site. Develop and implement continuous improvement concepts, establish and monitor key performance indicators and performance improvement targets to better the site’s safety and environmental performance.
- Manage Health, Safety and Security Training programs including ensuring proper assignments, periodic review and updating, and compliance. Lead and coordinate the EHS&S outreach programs and activities.
- Business Partner EHS Program
- Working with assigned Business Partners to act as focal point for resolution of their EHS concerns and issues, to communicate matters between EHS and the business partner, and to support their business partners as needed.
- Miscellaneous EHS Issues as required, including but not limited to:
- Participating on/Leading emergency response teams such as Fire Brigade, Evacuation and Hazmat teams.
- Responding to incidents
- Lead and participate in inspections and audits
- Other tasks as required
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required; a Master’s Degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- The position requires four to six plus (4-6+) years’ experience in EHS at an operational facility, including at least five (5) years’ experience with the relevant technical subject matter as detailed in this job profile.
- Certifications preferred: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or other similar and relevant certification.
- Requires detailed knowledge of and experience interpreting local, state, federal and corporate regulatory requirements.
- Strong data analytics and excellent /advanced skills in using Excel/spreadsheets/pivot tables preferred
- The position requires the ability to work independently while maintaining communication with all team members. This position requires teamwork, leadership, and influencing skills with a strong focus on customer service. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required. The incumbent must possess strong interpersonal skills, and must offer innovative and creative solutions to customer problems.
- Must have significant experience managing and implementing EHS programs at operational sites on a tactical level. Must have significant experience with the relevant technical subject matter as detailed in this job profile
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.