Location Adams, MA
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a resource- and technology-based company that develops, produces and markets worldwide a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The Company has four reportable segments: Specialty Minerals, Performance Materials, Refractories and Energy Services.
The Specialty Minerals (SMI) segment produces and sells the synthetic mineral product precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC), mines mineral ores and processes and sells natural mineral products, primarily limestone and talc. This segment’s products are used principally in the paper, building materials, paint and coatings, glass, ceramic, polymer, food, automotive and pharmaceutical industries.
MTI provides a business environment and promotes a culture that encourages all employees to contribute to our success. We have long been committed to the recruitment and advancement of the most talented and qualified people. We recognize that MTI’s ability to provide the highest caliber of products and services is enhanced by a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities and countries in which we work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Process/EHS Engineer at our Adams, MA location. The Process/EHS Engineer position is responsible for developing and implementing projects for the Adams facility; executing work scopes to promote both the safety of the employees and the economic interests of the Company. Recommends measures to reduce or eliminate accident and health hazards; as well as cost improvement measures. Ensures compliance with MSHA and other government regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and execute engineering projects consistent with management direction, focusing on EHS requirements. Projects related to process improvements and cost control will also be undertaken.
- Engineering & project management for environmental requirements including; waste disposal, water management, air emissions controls, and other permitting requirements.
- Engineering & project management for condition-based safety improvements
- Engineering & project management for operational excellence assignments as prioritized.
- Accompany third party representatives (e.g. MSHA, Workers’ Compensation, D.O.L., MA DEP, US EPA etc.) on plant inspections; ensure corrective action on violations.
- Administer contractor safety program including periodic inspections and correction of violations.
- Identify unsafe acts or conditions in the workplace and correct those acts and conditions through cooperative intervention and work order management.
- Use risk assessment, Operational Excellence tools of kaizen, GEMBA, Hoshin to improve EHS programs.
- Conduct safety analyses on specific jobs where required.
- Coordinate monthly inspection program for environmental and safety compliance.
- Investigation support for injuries, near miss incidents and property damage incidents.
- Assist other SMI facilities with safety and health related issues.
- Support site activities for the corporate employee engagement metrics currently used in the organization.
- Acts as resource and champion for department continuous improvement activities (Suggestion Program, 5S, Kaizen, TPM, problem solving, etc.).
- Participate in employee and community relation functions to include employee activities, United Way campaign, plant tours for visitors and school tours.
- Serve on the Community Relations Committee, Education Initiative Committee, and Employee Activities Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
Incumbent should possess a bachelor’s degree with five years related experience.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively, to motivate others and to promote a positive work atmosphere. The incumbent must be a self-starter who can work effectively with a minimum of supervision. Must have the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees within the company. Incumbent must have demonstrated a willingness to challenge conventional ideas, be flexible, innovative and be able to function effectively in a team format. A strong working knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft Word and Excel and Power Point is required.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
- Health/Dental/Vision plans
- 401k company match
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Plan
Submit resume via email to MTIRecruiter1.NorthAmerica@gmail.com, fax to 610-882- 1385 or mail to North American Recruitment/HR Global Business Services, Specialty Minerals Inc., 1 Highland Avenue, Bethlehem, PA 18017. EOE www.mineralstech.com
*Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only candidates meeting position requirements will be contacted.