Shawmut Design and Construction has an immediate opportunity for a Site Safety Manager to work in the Central/Western MA area. Are you passionate about ensuring a safe work environment for the entire project team? To help the team think pro-actively so that we can provide a safe place to work? Are you committed to working hand-in-hand with our project supers and project managers to enforce our company policy as well as the OSHA safety regulations and policies?
As a Shawmut Safety Manager you are responsible to
- Set expectations, provide structure and create site specific programs and trainings (when necessary) around site safety with our superintendent and subcontractors
- Raise awareness of potential hazards that exist on a job-site with the Shawmut staff, subcontractors and the owner by reviewing what can be done to minimize risk from pre-construction through close-out.
- Conduct regular safety audits throughout the duration of a project assessing all safety related issues, communicate directly with team members to discuss concerns and perform the necessary follow up to meet Shawmut expectations
- Maintain the information technology and systems that are essential to capture and analyze key data, present reporting and communicate effectively while maintaining strong relationships with every member of the project team.
- Conduct new hire safety orientations for incoming construction operations staff as well as provide training on topics such as OSHA certification (10 & 30 hour), First Aid, construction specific requirements and new standards review.
- 5-7 years experience in construction safety management
- Experience with Contractor Controlled Insurance Program (CCIP) preferred
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA construction standards as well as a certified OSHA 500 trainer
- Bachelors Degree in Safety or related experience preferred
- Capable of delivering all other compliance based training including First Aid, CPR and Life Safety
- Must reside in the Central/Western MA or North Connecticut region and be flexible with business travel as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs and ladders and general navigation of an area under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Shawmut prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.